Cabinets & Countertops
Silvester Glass works with some of Saskatchewan's largest vendors to complete beautiful custom cabinet & countertop projects.
By working with these partners, we are able to offer a huge selection of Stone and Laminate options for any budget.
Shopping for a kitchen or bathroom cabinets? Call today for a free in-home consultation 1-306-445-2052.
We sell Kitchen Craft cabinets.
Kitchen Craft was founded more than 40 years ago in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and is now sold in hundreds of stores in Canada and the United States. Kitchen Craft manufactures two lines of cabinetry, Integra and Aurora, for the kitchen, bathroom, home office, laundry and other areas throughout the home. In 2002, Kitchen Craft became part of the MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. family of cabinet manufacturers, offering multiple lines from stock to custom cabinetry.
How to Measure a Room for Cabinets
So you've decided to remodel...
Measuring your space is a critical step in determining your room layout. Here is a simple guide outlining the tools you'll need, step-by-step instructions on how to measure for cabinets, and some important tips.
Once you've had an initial consultation with Silvester Glass we'd be happy to measure your site. Having rough dimensions and images available for the initial meetings are helpful in determining the overall scope of the project.
Book a no obligation meeting with Silvester Glass then we'd be happy to measure your site
Supplies you’ll need
- A 25' long tape measure
- Pad of paper, preferably grid paper
- Pencil or pen, and another writing instrument in another color or a highlighter
- An extra set of hands
How to measure a room step-by-step
- To begin, draw an outline of the room
- Measure and note the ceiling height
- Measure and note all wall lengths
- Check corner 'squareness' at the floor, base and wall cabinet levels to determine if you will have any issues during installation. To check for corner 'squareness':
- Mark a point 3 feet out from the corner of one wall
- Mark a point 4 feet out from the corner of the adjacent wall
- Measure the distance between the two marked points, if the distance is 5 feet, the corner is square (If your walls are not square, don't worry, a good installer will be able to work around any issues by using shims between the cabinets and the wall)
- Measure and note the location of obstacles along each wall, recording their height, width and depth from outside edge to outside edge (Include doors, windows and pipe chases)
- Identify and note existing plumbing, electrical and lighting centerlines on all walls including:
- Range hook-up
- Light switches
- Electrical outlets
- Lighting fixtures
- Phone jacks
- Heating/Air vents
- Record the height from finished floor for items like windows, outlets, and vents
- Record measurements of any free-standing furniture pieces or appliances that may stay in the room
- Have an electrician check the electrical service panel conditions to ensure it can handle any change of appliances you may be making in the kitchen
- If attic or basement walls will be affected by the renovation, make sure any plumbing or venting changes are verified by a professional
- Note window size & placement
- Note locations of ventilation and duct-work on your drawing
- Measure any items that will stay in the room and relate to your floor plan
- Make note of any electrical details, such as switching and outlets that need to stay, or could possibly be moved
- If you will be working around existing lighting fixtures, list their dimensions to avoid any obstruction with taller items like pantry cabinets or refrigerators
- Once your designer has measured the space, double and triple check the measurements prior to placing your order; every component order is custom and items will be made especially for you
We sell MichelAngelo Granite Countertops
Michelangelo Marble & Granite Company Ltd. specializes in manufacturing customized marble and granite products for a variety of applications.
We sell Zel Countertops
Locally owned and operated for over 30 years, this family owned business takes pride in the products and services they provide. They understand that renovating can be a frustrating inconvenience to your daily life. From friendly, helpful staff to beautiful custom made products.